Sunday, December 20, 2009

Do reviews make a writer?

I have been reviewing for VOYA (Voices of Youth Advocates) for over a year now, and I love it. It isn't paid work, but I do get to keep copies of the wonderful (and sometimes not so wonderful) books that I review.

However, I don't know if I consider my reviews "real" writing. Perhaps I am a snob about it...I mean, my reviews are published, which is more than I can say for my fiction, so maybe I should just leave it alone and be proud. But I don't know whether reviewing the work of others should count towards my literary profile...

Once again, I seem to be procrastinating. I should make an attempt to work with Issobell, perhaps, since I pounded out that novel as part of the November novel challenge and haven't touched it since.

I need to stop procrastinating. That should be added to my other resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment