Saturday, September 25, 2010

Beautiful, blessed fall!

Today has been a good day. I woke up in the wee hours with a vivid dream to write down: it just may become a YA novel before I'm done with it! I also put some energy into revisions on my primary WIP which I am taking to the SCWW conference in October, so that felt good.

The rest of the day was very domestic: lots of cleaning and cooking in preparation of our much belated housewarming dinner. The dinner was lovely, and it felt so good to have good friends over for the evening.

Now I am preparing for my new nightly ritual, guided mediation. I'm not too good at meditating on my own, but I've been using youtube videos for the past week and really seeing benefits. I've been sleeping deeper and through the night, and I hope that as I continue my practice I'll see an increase in my mental calm and balance.

Fall is here, and as my grandmother said today on the phone, "it's the time of year when everything, everything tastes so good." We were talking about food, but I think she's on to something figurative, as well: everything tastes better in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment