Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gratitude

I got thinking about the luck that seems ever present in my life today, and I realized that while I pray for luck, and I am joyous when it finds me, I don't know that I often take the time to say thank you.

So.

Dear Universe and Beautiful Miraculous Being to whom I owe so much,

Thank you for raining blessings upon me. You allowed me to be the first in my family to earn a higher level degree, and you didn't stop there: you helped me to earn a masters, too. Thank you for allowing me to never know involuntary unemployment thus far in my life. Thank you for helping me to find a hard to come by first teaching job in Michigan when I had always known that I would never get a job in such a flooded state market. Thank you for continuing to put my feet on the right path career wise, leading me to my current teaching position and lovely year round schedule, which allows me time to write.

Thank you for blessing me with words to write.

Thank you for my contest winning luck: a concert tonight, a couple of books, and a trip to Egypt...time and again I receive proof that you are listening and looking out for me.

Thank you for the relationships that are abundant in my life: my family, my husband, my friends and coworkers all are amazing people who enrich my life on a daily basis in ways I would never have imagined. I must not forget the cat: thank you for Delphi and the joy she has brought into my home.

Thank you for my home, the beautiful little house on the beautiful little street in a city which has captured my heart.

Thank you for my health. Thank you for my improving health now that I have lost over twenty five pounds.

Thank you for shaping me as I am: even when I am riding the roller coaster of emotions, I am so thankful to be living my life in my skin.

Thank you for the beauty that surrounds me, from the healing rain to the ocean to the cities of this amazing land to the cultures and peoples I have not yet met, but will some day.

Thank you for the infinite experiences that I have had that have shaped me into my current self, and thank you for all those that I have not yet had that will continue to shape me.

Thank you for always listening to my prayers and wishes, even if you do not always give me the answer that I want to hear.

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment