Thursday, January 27, 2011

More Books in 2011

It's been awhile since I've posted about any books, but then, it's been awhile since I've finished any!

I wrapped up "The Witch of Cologne" by Tobsha Learner the other day, and overall, I was satisfied. This rich historical read is populated with compelling characters and just enough of the occult to make the title appropriate. While it seemed that everything resolved fine for all the characters except the women, I would highly recommend this book.

I finally got around to reading "The 39 Clues: Maze of Bones" by Rick Riordan at the urging of some of my students. Well. It was like reading a mashup of "National Treasure" and "The Westing Game": not very original, but enjoyable and a quick read. I'm intrigued by the series, since each book is penned by a different author: I may have to read more just to see how plot and character integrity can be maintained under those unique circumstances.

I've put in some writing time today, and once I am weary, it's back to the stack of books on the coffee table!

No comments:

Post a Comment