Actually, this post is 10 things you didn't know about me.
The delightful Dana over at The Daily Dose gifted me with the Kreativ Blogger Award, and as part of the rules for accepting this award, I need to tell you all ten little known things about me. But before I do, make sure you check out Dana's "musings on motherhood, writing, and life." Her posts always make me smile!
Ten things you don't know about me...
Okay, here goes.
1. I met my husband on the morning at Barnes and Noble when I set off the security alarms.
2. I've taught in four schools in two states.
3. Big dogs really scare me...until I get to know them.
4. The first book I tried to write was a fictionalize account of myself, my mother, and my grandmother. I wrote it in two days one Winter Break. I haven't touched it since.
5. I love travel, but my wanderlust is usually in small doses: 10 days is about my trip limit, no matter how cool the destination.
6. Sometimes, I feel like Gladys Kravitz in Bewitched because I watch the neighborhood while I'm writing. (Like right now, there's a large truck slowly back up the street...)
7. I love bonfires, but as a child, I was terrified of the house catching fire.
8. I have a very active imagination, and I frequently read or watch things that prevent me from sleeping.
9. I've never read The Great Gatsby.
10. I could live off of bread, olive oil, and cheap wine.
That was harder than I thought! But now comes the fun part: I get to tag six delightful bloggers.
(I love her writing, and she posts great tidbits, ideas, and information on her blog.)
(Can't go wrong with art work and mountain stories!)
(Great book reviews as well as excellent library advocacy.)
(My enthusiastic agent-mate, who posts her thoughts on books, TV, and living.)
(Her poetry truly sings.)
(I've learned more from her about writing than from any other single source.)