Saturday, May 5, 2012

10 Things I Hate About...wait, that's not right...

Actually, this post is 10 things you didn't know about me.  

 The delightful Dana over at The Daily Dose gifted me with the Kreativ Blogger Award, and as part of the rules for accepting this award, I need to tell you all ten little known things about me.   But before I do, make sure you check out Dana's "musings on motherhood, writing, and life."  Her posts always make me smile!


Ten things you don't know about me...
...

That's hard!


Okay, here goes.

1. I met my husband on the morning at Barnes and Noble when I set off the security alarms.

2. I've taught in four schools in two states.

3. Big dogs really scare me...until I get to know them.

4. The first book I tried to write was a fictionalize account of myself, my mother, and my grandmother.  I wrote it in two days one Winter Break.  I haven't touched it since.

5. I love travel, but my wanderlust is usually in small doses: 10 days is about my trip limit, no matter how cool the destination.

6. Sometimes, I feel like Gladys Kravitz in Bewitched because I watch the neighborhood while I'm writing.  (Like right now, there's a large truck slowly back up the street...)

7. I love bonfires, but as a child, I was terrified of the house catching fire.

8. I have a very active imagination, and I frequently read or watch things that prevent me from sleeping.

9. I've never read The Great Gatsby.

10. I could live off of bread, olive oil, and cheap wine.

That was harder than I thought!  But now comes the fun part: I get to tag six delightful bloggers.

I pick:

(I love her writing, and she posts great tidbits, ideas, and information on her blog.)

(Can't go wrong with art work and mountain stories!)

(Great book reviews as well as excellent library advocacy.)

(My enthusiastic agent-mate, who posts her thoughts on books, TV, and living.)

(Her poetry truly sings.)

(I've learned more from her about writing than from any other single source.)

What are some things no one knows about you? 

18 comments:

  1. Thanks Jen - I should be able to get to this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Can't wait to read your facts :)

      Delete
  2. You set off the security alarms?! How many books did you manage to grab?

    That's an interesting list, Jen, and #2 is pretty impressive. What are you teaching?

    Also, nice list of blogs. *checking them out*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Vero, I wasn't robbing the store. We both worked there, and I hadn't ever opened, so I didn't know the rules...

      Right now, teaching developmental composition at the community college. I used to teach middle school Language Arts.

      Enjoy the blogs!

      Delete
  3. What a way to meet your husband! I enjoyed reading your facts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like an interesting way to meet your husband! I sense a story there... ;)

    I love number six; I'm the same way! Someday I'm probably going to be that weird old lady who peers out at the neighborhood from behind her curtains and scares all the kids. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can be creepy old ladies together! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, I think I love you. :) I decided to come by today, wondering what you were up to. I'm so giddy that you thought of me.

    On number one, I bet you two have the cutest relationship. I love the thought of you watching the neighborhood and writing. I wrote while sitting in my garden today and held onto nothing but the sounds. And number ten sounds delightful, but I'd have to add cheese.

    Hope you'll accept a hug. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And congratulations! I love this space.

      Delete
    2. Hugs to you, too! I'm so glad we connected last month in the blog challenge. Your words inspire me.

      I'll take cheese with that, too! :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your award! Bread and olive oil - yes...as for wine, I'll take the good stuff please:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm not enough of a wine connoisseur to mind! But if the good stuff's available, yes, please :)

      Delete
  7. What a cool trivia list. I could life off grilled shrimp and french bread.

    Congratulations on your award. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank goodness I'm not the only one! Everyone in my family seems to have no problem...

      Delete