Tuesday, July 31, 2012

100 Books in 2012: Book 63 "The Fox Inheritance"

When I first stumbled upon Mary E. Pearson's Adoration of Jenna Fox, I recommended it to everyone I knew.  Imagine my delight to see this sequel displayed in the library!

Hundreds of years after the terrible accident that should have killed Jenna, Locke, and Kara, the three friends are alive...sort of.  Locke and Kara have only recently been reconstructed, given bodies that are the utmost in modern technology.  Their minds have been preserved all this time on something resembling a hard drive, and the doctor who rescued them assures them that they have not been tampered with.  But Locke isn't sure his mind is the same, and he struggles with the question of what defines his humanity.

Locke and Kara learn that Jenna is still alive, and they go in search of her.  Locke wants a reunion, but Kara is seeking something darker.  Once, they were three best friends.  But if it comes down to a choice between the two girls, Locke doesn't know where his loyalties rest.

Pearson's world building and advanced technology are believable and absorbing, and this is a fast read you won't want to put down.  PLEASE read Jenna Fox first, though: trust me, some of the spoilers are things that you won't want spoiled.


What's everyone reading this week?  I can't wait to dive into my Kindle: we're going on vacation, and now that the summer semester is officially over, I can actually relax and catch up on my book list.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment