Friday, September 7, 2012

Very Inspiring Blogger Award: Thanks, Amanda!

I'm a bit behind, but last week, my dear friend Amanda over at Is this the real life? nominated me for a blog award.  Aw, shucks: it's great to know that what I do can inspire the people I care about!  Thanks, sweetie!


So, as a Very Inspiring Blogger Award recipient, I need to post seven interesting things about myself, and then pass the award on to seven inspiring bloggers.  I'll tag first.  These are some of my favorite bloggers on the web, listed in no particular order!

Bluestocking
Charity Bradford
Natalie Whipple
Gail Carson Levine
Karen G
Archna Sharma
Mark David Gerson

Make sure you check out these inspiring, dedicated folks!

Now, on to my seven facts:

1. The first country I ever traveled to wasn't even a place I'd ever thought about going before.  I went to China simply because I had a friend there who offered me a free room.  And then I got bit by the travel bug...

2. I've taught five college subjects and five middle school subjects in two states.

3. I wore flip flops to my wedding (and it wasn't on a beach).

4. I start to go crazy if I haven't a)read, b)written, and c)done yoga each week.  (Going crazy, now, actually!)

5. My favorite smell is fresh roses.

6. I believe in magic.

7. I have been asked if I am my siblings' mother before (big age gap, but not THAT big!)

Happy Friday, lovelies!  Thanks for listening to me ramble.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me! I've found your blog rather inspiring too ;) Will post my response next week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, too! Thank YOU for the excellent posts and thoughts. Can't wait to see your answers.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your award! I can definitely relate to number four when it comes to reading and writing. If I haven't done those every day, I feel like I'm crazy!

    P.S. I haven't forgotten about the Addictive Blog Award you gave me. I'm hoping to post about it within the next few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, that's great! Looking forward to your post.

      It's amazing how much a little thing can change who we are :)

      Delete