Friday, January 11, 2013

Wishes for 2013

I know we're already into the New Year, but I'm a bit behind.  I hope everyone transitioned to 2013 with sparklers and laughter, and I for one can't wait to see what this year has in store.

Each new year gives us the opportunity to sift through our lives and hearts, clearing away that which has served its purpose and making new plans for the coming months.  I spent January 1st cleaning out my closet and my office, and it feels so good to have physically removed things that are no longer needed.

Sometimes, though, it's easier to clear out our closets than our minds.  This year, I want to challenge y'all to join me in living as authentically as possible.  Let's focus on the things that bring us joy, forget the things that fill us with fear, and embrace the bliss that fills our hearts.

These are my personal wishes for 2013:
  • To speak truth 
  • To do more of what I love (writing, yoga, reading, and laughing top the list)
  • To cultivate an attitude of gratitude
  • To love wildly
  • To not sweat the small stuff (or the big stuff, either)
  • To keep believing in/chasing my dreams
  • To make someone smile
What do you wish for yourself in the coming year?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful goals! I plan on writing more, getting out two books, among a bunch of other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Karen! Two books...whew, lady, you'll be working hard in 2013! :)

      Delete