Saturday, March 6, 2010

I want to be famous...just not that famous!

I hope my fiction is published one day, and I want to shake up the adult literary world ala Dan Brown, but I never want my books to be beloved enough that they are made into movies. It just doesn't work.

We saw "The Lightning Thief" tonight, and while it was entertaining by itself, it left a sour taste in my mouth in terms of authenticity to the book.

That's always the case, it seems. I can't imagine how authors can give up the creative control of their work and watch Hollywood manipulate and alter things that they thought long and hard about. I am an acknowledged control freak, which is why I would never want to see something I've written become a film.

But I suppose before this becomes a concern, I have to get something published (and famous) first...

No comments:

Post a Comment