Monday, August 16, 2010

Catching up to the fifteen minutes a day challenge

Since I've been gone for the first two weeks of August, I am cutting myself some slack on the WFMAD posed by author Laurie Halse Anderson.

However...

now that I'm back, I am trying to catch up. This is in addition to my daily writing time, mind you! She has some great prompts on her site, and I've pulled them all together into a word document. My goal for this afternoon is to do at least four (I've completed one already).

I don't have to go in to work tomorrow, and I am seriously considering staying home one more day before getting back into the swing of things...I know I have a lot of lessons to plan, but honestly, who am I kidding? Planning for nine weeks at a time means I will be re-planning every three weeks, anyway. I think I will just take my three work days as scheduled and not be an overachiever. The kids will have something to do on Monday. Right now, that's all that matters.

Taking these two days for myself feels vitally important. It is so nice to have the house all to myself (and the strange, strange cat): it's been a really long time since my last track out (May) and I deserve this peaceful space.

Back to the writing challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment