Sunday, October 17, 2010

Writing Centric Day

Today I've been very focused on my fiction: I polished a piece, printed and ready to be postmarked tomorrow, for this contest, and I submitted another short story (actually an excerpt of my historical fiction novel) to the 30 Below contest at Narrative Magazine...fingers and toes are crossed!

There's a poetry contest at Mudfish with a deadline at the end of this month, and I might try for that as well. At worst, I'm out fifteen bucks, at best, I win a little money and some recognition.

At least when I never submitted, or when I only submitted sporadically, rejection came neatly spaced. Putting my work out there like this all at once is TERRIFYING!

But needed. I will keep taking steps towards publication for both my fiction and my poetry!

No comments:

Post a Comment