Monday, November 22, 2010

Writing Update

So it's been awhile since I've used this space to (gasp) talk about my writing. But first, thank you to everyone for your concern and love this weekend. The car accident sucked, but your support was amazing!

*I've submitted a number of poems for consideration to a greeting card company, crossing my fingers.

*I'm back in touch with the editor of a spiritual magazine about a column that I've proposed, holding my breath.

*I received a LOVELY rejection letter from the SCWWC agent who requested "Issobell", and it's revived my ambitions...somewhat.

*I've given up on reaching my NANO goal this year, and am instead trying to just narrow my project focus down. The plan is: leave it all alone (except the poetry, can't leave that) until the new year, then pick ONE novel to really edit and make perfect in the hopes of querying by...my late February birthday? I will still have the multiple projects going, but I want to give publication my focus. Right now, Issobell is closest to that place (but still farther than I'd like).

Phew! That's a lot! I could go into my poetic aspirations, but I'll save that for another time...right now, I want to curl up with the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment