Friday, November 26, 2010

Poetry Acceptance

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you didn't venture out into the wilds this Black Friday...I helped my mom clean out her basement.

But I also received wonderful news: Bull Spec has accepted one of my poems for the upcoming January issue.

And...I can't remember if I already shared my excitement about a poem accepted for the spring 2011 issue of The Storyteller.

These two successes are the fourth and fifth poems I've had accepted for publication since I started seriously pursuing poetry publication in the spring of 2006. My first piece was published in the college literary magazine, "The Laureate", but then three years went by with me being fairly lazy. Then, in 2009, I had a poem in the final issue of PanGaia. My writing focus shifted and strengthened in the intervening year, and in 2010 I had the poem up on Hazard Cat.

I am really becoming comfortable calling myself a writer. And maybe I need to include "poet" in the titles I claim.

So thankful for the opportunity to have my words heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment