Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sunny Saturday and Writing Classes

I woke up at the usual, pre-dawn time this morning. I had to shuttle my husband to work so he could in turn shuttle his fencing team to their last meet of the season. Driving back was the first time I haven't been a nervous wreck on the road since the accident. The sky was like kool-aide and party favors, with the crescent moon hanging around even as the sun rose. It was beautiful.

In the time since I've been home, I've written another thousand words on the YA WIP, done most of the laundry, and spent some time doing yoga and meditating. In a few minutes, I'll walk over to a neighbor's house for brunch. I love days where everything fits and I don't feel overwhelmed, just productive.

For all you Carolina writers out there, I wanted to share a few resources. Duke University offers creative writing classes, as does Central Carolina Community College. I don't know if my schedule will allow me to take advantage of these offering right now, but hopefully you can!

There's also the upcoming Triangle Area Freelancers Conference in April. I'd love to attend this one day conference, but I'll be supporting my siblings in their high school production of "Phantom" that weekend. But go and let me know how it is!

Writing courses are starting, daffodils are popping up, and writers are blooming. Spring is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment