Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Almost springtime

Today was an overwhelming day. We got out taxes done, considered a car loan, took a quick sunset walk, and taught our respective classes. I'm trying to learn how to make it to the end of the day without a throbbing headache, and so far having little success.

On a positive note, however, I've finished two more lovely books. "A Countess Below Stairs" by the late great Eva Ibbotson is a tasty historical read with an obvious romantic twist. Anna, once a Russian countess, takes a job as a maid at an English manor...events play out much as I expected, but I still enjoyed the wit of this fairy-tale esque story.

I also finally read "The Wizard of Earthsea" by Ursula Le Guin in preparation for the sci fi/fantasy lit circles my students are doing right now. Her prose is thick, but her world building is impeccable, and I found myself pulled into this classic high fantasy story of the evil that every man must face.

I've got another historical fiction novel on the coffee table, so keep watching for more book posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment