Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blogfest!

In an effort to find critique and feedback through the wonders of the world wide web, I'm participating in the "Hone Your Skills" blogfest being hosted later this month. In fact, I just prepped my story to post automatically on March 16th. Cheating, perhaps, but I know that if I leave it to my memory, I'll forget and then I'll miss the benefit of being a part of a community of writers. And this is something I desperately want.

I spent an hour this afternoon sitting in a corner of a local MFA poetry workshop, and I left with a heart full of longing. I want to write and speak about writing with other writers: I long to find a beta reader who is not my spouse or mother. It will be whatever it will be, but I have done my small part to set the wheel of fate in motion.

I hope to see all of you on the Blogfest list! Please, feel free to offer comments on my story even if you don't officially participate in the event.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for advertising for us. :) Can't wait to read your story.

    ReplyDelete