Saturday, April 9, 2011

Reading YA makes me smile

So, this post looks like it will be all about Gordon Korman. Last week at school, I tucked into "Schooled", my first encounter with Korman. I loved it! Just the right blend of teen humor, pangs of sweetness, and a happy ending.

This afternoon I started (and finished) the second 39 Clues book, "One False Note". I had wondered how the series would maintain integrity, when one of the gimmicks is each book is written by a different author. This was a very different book than the first one, and I must admit, I don't really think I'll be reading any more in this series. But it was a light read, and it was fast, so that's something!

Up next? Debating between buckling down and reading for my book club, or giving in to the temptation of Kingsolver...

No comments:

Post a Comment