Monday, June 13, 2011

Historical Reading

Sometimes, I read a book that I wish I had written. "Pilate's Wife" by Antoinette May is just such a book. This historical novel deals artfully with the early Roman Empire, and female divinity rests at the core of the story. I loved this book for so many reasons!

Another historical novel I've read recently was "The Devil's Queen" by Jeanne Kalogridis. This tale of Catherine de Medici is full of intrigue, magic, and misplaced passion. I enjoyed it well enough, but the end seemed to drag.

What are you reading this week?

3 comments:

  1. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. I'll have to read Pilate's Wife! It sounds like something I'd enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, let me know what you think of "The Hiding Place". And yes, read "Pilate's Wife"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really Ioved "The Hiding Place". It's a true story that is very filled with faith through times I hope to never experience. I know you are inspired by those with faith of all kinds. I think you'd like it even if just for the historical storytelling aspect.

    ReplyDelete