Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Book Reviews

I finished Rick Riordan's "Throne of Fire", the second installment of the Kane Chronicles. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. After "Red Pyramid", I didn't have much hope for this series, but the second book was paced much better and returned to the comic action that propels Riordan's sensational "Percy Jackson" series. I liked the way this novel explores some of the lesser known figures of Egyptian mythology, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Another YA title that I read recently is "Running out of Time" by Margaret Peterson Haddix. It was a fast read, but I felt like I was reading a watered down version of the film "The Village". The novel came highly recommended by a really avid teen reader, however, so it was a worthwhile read.

I think I want to start reading "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron: a good friend lent it to me, and now that I am on the brink of beginning my new artistic lifestyle, I think it will get me excited and help me propel myself through the next two weeks.

Any other quick, compelling reads out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment