Saturday, September 3, 2011

Belated Book Reviews

I've really fallen behind on my reviews for the blog! I've been reading a ton, but I just haven't taken the time to wander over here and post about any of these books. Trying to remedy that today!

I discovered a new (to me) author at Barnes and Noble last week and scooped up two of her books from the library. Michelle Moran writes elegant historical fiction, and "Cleopatra's Daughter" and "Nefertiti" were both excellent reads to fuel my Egyptian passions. I can't wait to read her other two books: another one about Egypt, and one about the French Revolution.

Then I stumbled into nonfiction (not a genre I usually enjoy). "Chasing Aphrodite" by Jason Felch and Ralph Frammolino was an eye opening book on the illegal antiquities trade that still supplies many modern museums. I really enjoyed this book, although since reading it, I have found my enjoyment of art museums is tinged with guilty awareness that many recently acquired pieces might be black market purchases.

Three books in one post! Look for another review with some YA titles before the long weekend is over. What are you going to read on the beach this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment