Thursday, November 10, 2011

Love and Lessons Learned

This month has been full of cool things. First, my in-laws came to visit. Then, my best friend came to stay. Soon, my sister-in-law will be here. Somewhere in between, we had our neighbor over for a meal. The house is cleaner than it's ever been, and the cat is super confused. I love how the warm fuzzy feeling of the holidays is starting to permeate my life earlier this year, and I even don't mind that the mall was playing Christmas music already.

I've been working away on my NaNo WIP, and I'm staying fairly on-task. It's not good, but at least it's steadily growing, even if this means I may not have done as much grading as I should. But I'll catch up this weekend...after I finish this post.

I also had the opportunity to be a guest blogger at my writing friend Charity's site. I thought that the topic of waiting and staying positive was a funny one (those of you who know me well will understand how hard I have to work at those two things), but it seemed timely: last week, I got a fortune cookie that told me "the lesson you teach is the one you need to learn."

Yeah. Thanks, smart cookie.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool!
    Congrats on the NaNo WIP! It isn't supposed to be good now--just get it down, improve it later.

    Smart cookie served you well--I enjoyed your guest post!

    ReplyDelete