Thursday, January 5, 2012

100 Books in 2012: Book 2 "The Mysterious Death of Miss Austen"



I started this book on the flight back from our holiday, and those of you who've traveled with me know that I will read at least one book a flight. I took a nap, though, and I didn't finish this excellent novel until I was home and on the ground.

Lindsay Ashford
imagines a tantalizing murder mystery surrounding the death of author Jane Austen. The narrator is acquainted with the Austen family peripherally, yet her deep feelings for Jane lead her to investigate the circumstances of her friend's death. Ashford captures the style of the period precisely, and reading the tale of Miss Sharp was exactly like becoming friends with Jane Austen.

Anyone who swoons over Mr. Darcy will enjoy this, as will fans of Agatha Christie's precise works of intrigue and murder.

Who cares if you don't hit 100? Sign up for the challenge anyway and read as much as you like. If you want to take the challenge, sign up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment