Monday, December 17, 2012

100 Books in 2012: Book 96 THE SELKIE SPELL

Writer Sophie Moss has crafted a truly modern fairy tale that is impossible to put down.  I tumbled into The Selkie Spell this weekend, and I am thrilled to note that it's only the first in a trilogy.  I was only disappointed when I realized that this is currently just available as an ebook: I wanted to buy paperbacks for my pals for the holidays!

Tara is running from a dark, abusive past, and when she reaches Seal Island, an out of the way chunk of land in Ireland, she's sure she's found a good place to hide.  But she didn't take into consideration Dom, the handsome pub owner, or her own mysterious connection to the island.

The romance that builds between Tara and Dom is steamy and soft, and the secrets that threaten to topple Tara are painful to unravel.  I couldn't stop reading this until I reached the end of the tale, and I have to say that my favorite part is the way Moss deftly weaves a magical Irish legend into the fabric of this very real story.  Brava!

No comments:

Post a Comment