Monday, December 28, 2009

Slowly growing

The blended historical and modern novel I have been working on (about the Scottish witch trials) has grown to 52,000 words. There is still a lot of editing to do, especially since I wrote it straight through without rereading any of my work from the previous days, but this work is the closest to being ready to seek publication of my four. I'm excited to see it growing, and I'm enjoying rereading it and editing and adding, but I feel bad for my friends and family who I use as readers and editors: they are all still plowing through a 40,000 word draft of my religious historical novel, "The Queen of Heaven", and I wish I could take that away and let them work on this.

I am impatient to be in the quest for publication, but I have to keep slowing myself down and remembering that everything worth having or achieving takes time and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment