Monday, April 26, 2010

First Day of Break

I had very lofty ambitions for my time off, which my physical reactions to the medication have altered somewhat. However, I still managed to work on "Ruth", which I haven't touched in months. I've been allowing myself to use the excuse that I am waiting on feedback from friends and family, but there is no reason I can't change the draft while they are reading an older version. So today I worked more on her childhood, and added over a thousand words.

I also played with the multi-voiced YA novel in verse (not the Egyptology one, the other one) and took a side tangent thanks to a post by Gail Carson Levine, which may grow into something, but was just a good writing practice for me.

I'm also almost done reading "The Happiness Project", and I can't praise this book enough! The narrative voice is engaging and personal, and all the resolutions are things which excite me and make me want to apply them to my own life. I did, in fact, clean out my closet this weekend, and I already feel a burst of joy.

Maybe it's a good thing that I'm dealing with this harsh reaction, because it is forcing me to actually rest during this precious break, rather than push myself too far...

No comments:

Post a Comment