Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Update

It's been quite a weekend. I had my first migraine Thursday, and the pain spilled into Friday. On Friday, my mom and brother came down from PA for a visit (they just left today).

Somewhere in the insanity, I wrote a little and did yoga. The writing was stilted, but I'm thinking about trying again later. The yoga was...eye opening. I used to be in such good personal practice, doing yoga for at least twenty minutes every day. Since the car accident, it has been more challenging to make the time, and I realized today just how remiss I have been. I only did a twenty minute video routine, one I've done countless times before, and it was taxing. Whatever physical strength I had created has atrophied.

In the coming week, I am going to do what I can to squeeze in 20 minutes of yoga each day. If I can devote an hour to "me" time, I'd like to split it between yoga and writing.

In case I don't have enough time at home to do both, I am planning to go back to pen and paper writing during the work day. My students journal for five minutes at the start of each class, and I used to write with them. That's fifteen minutes I can add to my writing time.

I am trying to make the shifts needed to fulfill my soul. And I am concentrating very hard on the thoughts I want to manifest.

On an unrelated note, my little brother found out he was accepted to his dream college. I am so proud of him, and so excited for him to be starting out on a new journey. It's a year for beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment