Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Fest



I love this time of year.

When the trees decide it's time to dress up and the pumpkins appear on porches, I am blissful.


We decided to soak up fall in the best place possible: Asheville, North Carolina. This past weekend we wandered around the stunning Biltmore House, drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway, and stayed at a charming bed and breakfast.


This looks like the setting for a dark and stormy novel, doesn't it?

What is it about this time of year that I love? Perhaps it's the holiday: Halloween has long been my favorite date, and when the trees change color and start dropping their leaves, there is something sinister behind the beauty.



I kept waiting for Rip Van Winkle or the headless horseman to make an appearance on the drive yesterday.

And what does this mean for my writing? I hope the flavor of the season seeps into my newest WIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment