Wednesday, January 25, 2012

100 Books in 2012: Book 9 "Crossed"



When this finally came in for me at the library, I tore through it. I've been waiting for Ally Condie's follow-up to "Matched" for a long time, and I wasn't disappointed. Cassia, the girl who defied her Society and fell in love with Ky, is back, just as strong and conflicted as before. Condie has added Ky's voice to the story, which made for some interesting moments. This book centers on the idea of an established rebellion, The Rising, and the characters' quest to find it. The love triangle isn't resolved by the end of the novel, and neither is the Society vs. Rising question. I am eagerly awaiting the third book in this excellent series!

If you liked "Divergent", "The Hunger Games", and "Fahrenheit 451", you will enjoy this series.

What are you reading? You can still sign up for the 100 book challenge here!

No comments:

Post a Comment